To receive payments from your website to your paypal account, you have to setup API access for your paypal account. The following article highlights the steps involved in setting up a paypal account for API access,when y0u opt for any shopping cart based website solutions.
Setup API Access in Paypal Account
- Log in to your PayPal Business account.
- Click the Profile subtab located in the top navigation area
- Click the API Access link under the Account Information header.
- Under the Setting up PayPal API Credentials and Permissions heading, click “Request API Credentials” link
- Click the “Request API signature” radiobox then click “Agree & Submit” button.
- Write down the values listed next to API Username and Password
- Select the value listed next to Signature Hash, copy it, and save it to a file or some other location. This is your API Signature.
You may check the attached screenshot for three keys:
- API username
- API password